Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished. –Lao Tzu
Now is the time to take control of 2019, before the hustle and bustle causes you to fall back into the trap of letting a busy schedule take over your life.
Mindfulness, the act of staying in the moment no matter what you are up to, is one way to keep yourself focused, calm, relaxed, and enjoying life!
Here are ten ideas on ways to start your day right this 2019 so that you make the most of each day and conquer your schedule instead of your schedule conquering you.
- Drink a glass of water—hydration offers benefits from energy to better-looking skin!
- List reasons you’re grateful—utilize this simple way to turn a frown upside down. It’s hard to stay in a bad mood when you concentrate on what’s going well in your life.
- Hum a happy tune—music can soothe the savage breast (or is it beast?). Also, your favorite song usually brings up favorite memories as well.
- Exercise or practice yoga—get moving. Besides physical benefits, regular exercise brings proven mental rewards too.
- Seek out sunlight—Vitamin D plays a key role for many health benefits, acting like a hormone in the body. And most of us are low on this vitamin. Don’t forget to keep your magnesium levels healthy as well, or your body can’t utilize the vitamin D in your system.
- Read a positive quote—words of wisdom help give us alternate perspectives and can help keep us honest with ourselves.
- Eat breakfast—don’t skip the most important meal of the day. Choose healthy proteins and complex carbs over quick fixes like donuts.
- Wiggle and stretch—tightening muscles and then relaxing them, paying attention to how your muscles feel as you relax, can help bring you back into the moment when the worries of the day threaten to get you down.
- Take a multivitamin—it is almost impossible to get all the nutrients for optimum health from the foods we eat, especially if you tend to eat a Western diet. Multis also help make up for the nutrients depleted by many prescription medications.
- Give a hug—sharing good feelings makes you feel good. Physical touch is an important part of a healthy body and mind.
Too often, we let many things that might happen crowd out the very one thing that is happening in a given moment. Let 2019 be the year when you give mindfulness a chance and see what a difference taking one day at a time can truly make.
Reference: Delicious Living. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
You must be logged in to post a comment.