Follow these video tips to help you reach your blood sugar management goals. Then, consider these 9 sugar swaps to help you enjoy your food and reduce sugar intake at the same time!
- Instead of breakfast cereal, try a mix of coconut flakes, nuts and seeds.
- Nix the fruit juice. Instead, eat a piece of whole fruit.
- Forget flavored yogurt. Plain Greek yogurt with fresh berries is a better choice.
- Say no to soft drinks. Try sparkling water infused with fruit or herbs (but NOT artificial sweeteners).
- Rather than sushi, consider salmon or tuna sashimi.
- Skip the jarred pasta sauce, which is often loaded with sugar. Stick to homemade pasta sauce instead, where you control the sugar content.
- Avoid pre-made salad dressing. Choose olive oil and vinegar.
- Pass up on the energy bar. Think about trail mix.
- Instead of cookies, try sliced apple with a nut butter.
Good blood sugar management is all about smart choices on a daily basis. Even with occasional treats, consistent choices to avoid excess sugar is one of the key components of a healthy blood sugar management plan.
BetsyHealth Note: This article is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease. Consult your healthcare provider before taking a supplement, especially if you take prescription or over-the-counter medications or have a medical condition.
Article copyright 2019 by BetsyHealth. All rights reserved.